FIELD ADVISOR - Hong Kong
The Field Advisor will work with members of the programs team on their program development and grantmaking goals. The Field Advisors will also be able to work cross-functionally across multiple departments (i.e. marketing). This is a part-time, consultant position.
The Programs Department at Give2Asia is responsible for managing donor relationships and accounts, conducting efficient and effective grantmaking to organizations in Asia, developing new programs in collaboration with donors and grantees, and generating program-related informational and educational communication.
• Facilitating the due diligence process for new and prospective grantees as well as existing grantees needing renewals, review due diligence documents that are submitted, and advise Give2Asia as to whether the organization should be considered for Give2Asia grants.
• Assisting with the review of new proposals and budgets, including: ensuring timely receipt of proposals and budgets from grantees; reviewing documents to ensure they are complete and in compliance with Give2Asia standards; and communicating with the grantee to verify or clarify information.
• Facilitating grants administration for all grants in the designated country.
• Assisting with grant monitoring and reporting, including: conducting mid-point telephone; check-ins with grantees; grantee site visits, when necessary; advising Give2Asia on the performance of the grantee; ensuring timely receipt of reports from grantees; reviewing all grantee reports to ensure they are complete and in compliance with Give2Asia standards; forwarding reports to San Francisco staff; and communicating with grantee to clarify information in reports, when necessary.
• Translating grantee documents when needed.
• Assisting with other activities related to liaising with grantees or providing high quality stewardship to donors, as requested.
• Researching and identifying new projects and partners, and conducting needs assessments or other special research, as requested.
• Assisting donors and Asia-based representatives of donors on-site in the designated country, as requested.
• Providing information on Give2Asia’s fiscal sponsorship services to potential client organizations in the designated country, as appropriate.
• Depositing and scanning checks for donations to Give2Asia Foundation Limited in Hong Kong, as needed.
• Respond to other requests for assistance from Give2Asia staff in San Francisco.
The Field Advisor must demonstrate strong communication, organizational, and research skills; and commitment to facilitating philanthropy in support of vital, sustainable communities in Asia.
How To Apply
Application deadline: December 31, 2018
To apply, click here. You will be prompted to submit your resume and cover letter.